The client is an international financial and investment group. The candidate will be responsible for client frontline engagement in order to drive sales by acquiring, executing, retaining and expanding business. The role is accountable for achieving sales targets through the execution of a defined origination & sales plan.
• Sales & marketing: Constant engagement with current and potential clients, understand their business model and to efficiently and effectively provide trade solutions.
• Strategy: Involved in the formulation of the Traditional Trade strategy and responsible for successful implementation of the strategy.
• CIB Coverage: The establishment of an internal relationship network with CIB Coverage. To continuously position the trade value proposition into this network. Provide specialist product support and guidance.
• Portfolio Management: Pro-actively manage customer relationships by maintaining an active calling program to determine customer needs. These needs will pertain to the trade product set and the solutions offered will pertain to the same set. The target market will include banked and non-banked clients. For the banked clients there must be an intense focus on the identification and fulfilment of expanding or unmet needs. In addition, communication of unmet needs to product areas will be essential. Presenting a compelling product suite to non-banked clients.
• Sales analysis and reporting: Monitoring and interpreting sales portfolio reports to decide on the appropriate actions to be taken to optimise the return. Understand the reasons for unsuccessful sales and develop plans to recapture lost opportunities. Provide and interpretation of MIS reports.
• Income growth: Identification and exploitation of new sales opportunities through close interaction with the CIB Coverage relationship teams. It is expected that opportunities are translated into actual sales. This will require additional engagement with the trade Product, Service and Channel areas.
• Team leader: Manage the Traditional Trade Sales team by way of inspiration, drive, guidance, transfer of knowledge and results.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
• 8+ years’ experience in trade finance of which the last 5 years in a trade sales position within a CIB division.
• Must have expert trade finance product knowledge & experience.
• Tertiary qualification, preferably in a financial or technical discipline engineering, supplemented by business related post graduate studies.
• Fluent communicator in English & Portuguese.
• Mozambican citizen preferred.
• Ability to build strong and mutually beneficial relationships for clients and the bank – must possess strong sales skills.
• Ability to critically assess commercial viability of clients’ business models and identify possible trade finance opportunities.
• Ability to originate, structure, execute and close trade transactions.
• Ability to analyze financial statements, identify credit, business and financial risks from a trade / lending / credit perspective.
• Comprehensive understanding of macro-economic environment of Mozambique.
• Comprehensive understanding of trade in Mozambique.
• A strong understanding of corporate credit ratings, portfolio theory and credit pricing will be a distinct advantage.
• Strong due diligence skills.
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills reports are presented to various International Credit Committees.
• Able to engage with internal/external stakeholders, corporates and state owned entities at a senior executive level. Must have the ability to establish new relationships and maintain and grow these relationships in order for the bank and client to benefit long term.
• Computer literacy: proficiency in spread sheet, database and word processing software.