This project provides professional architectural and engineering (A&E) technical/design services for building construction and rehabilitation activities.
Our client seeks the services of a technical lead who will have overall management of multiple ongoing rehabilitation and design projects. Work programs will consist of design, planning, construction supervision/oversight, remodeling, and rehabilitation of distinct projects located throughout Mozambique. The Technical Chief will have primary oversight of these programs as well as managing a cadre of other technical specialists as needed. Occasion travel to project sites is expected with base of operations to be located in Maputo.
CDM Smith seeks a Technical Chief Civil Engineer with an emphasis on design and planning, coordinating with government institutions during implementation of civil infrastructure projects, and management of implementation. The ideal candidate will have strong institutional capacity building skills, leadership, management, proven design and implementation of projects in challenging locations, and financial management experience. Projects will vary in project locations and durations.
• Support of the project management team in management/ leadership/ coordination of technical design and construction oversight teams to ensure quality, schedule and budget adherence of the project
• Assistance with reporting to Client, CDM Smith home office and government hosts as required by Client and CDM Smith.
• Assistance in the coordination/management of sub-contractors and sub-consultants
• Adherence to CDM’s Quality Management Program
• Regular interface with stakeholders and others working in the sector
• Work closely with client, design & construction staff and sub-contractors
• Assist in securing and coordination of input from architects, environmental specialists and other sub-consultant specialists required for the assignment
• Travel to remote locations in Mozambique
• Advanced degree in either Civil (preference), Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Licensed “Responsible Engineer” in Mozambique
• Experience as a Project Manager and designer of record
• Experience managing construction and infrastructure projects in Mozambique. At least 10 years’ experience working in Mozambique or other developing world locations with a preference for work in Africa.
• At least 5 years as a manager with a contractor or awardee on either a USAID or other donor project supervising other professionals.
• Experience with small to large infrastructure projects
• Strong references for work managing designs and construction and being in charge of multi-disciplinary teams
• Portuguese language fluency is required, as well as written and oral English fluency
• Must have strong leadership experience and the ability to work in cross-cultural situations with political, cultural and ethnic sensitivities and security environments similar to those found in Mozambique.
(use the button)