4 employment opportunities
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. IBTCI a US based international development consulting company, is seeking a local Interpreter/ Research Assistant to provide interpretation services, field research, and logistics support to a targeted one-two week field research project in Zambezia Province, Mozambique. The period of performance duration is about 1-2 weeks during October 2013 and we anticipate there will be about 5-10 days of level of effort LOE for this role. The Interpreter /Research Assistant would support the a Team Leader in Zambezia Province for one week, with the possibility of follow-on data entry and transcription tasks the following week from his or her home-base. The Interpreter/ Research Assistant will also provide logistics support while travelling with the Team Leader including arranging travel, lodging, domestic ground travel, and scheduling meetings as required.
• Fluent in Portuguese and English reading, writing, speaking is required
• Proficiency in local languages in Zambezia Province is highly preferred
• Minimum 4 years of providing Portuguese and English interpretation and translation support in Mozambique is required
• Experience providing interpretation support to field research projects in rural areas of Mozambique preferable
• Minimum of 2-3 years progressively responsible experience handling complex logistics, such as coordinating business travel, meetings, seminars, and trainings is highly preferred
• 2-3 years of providing research, and data management to field research projects, preferably for international development donors and program implementers is highly preferred
• Any of the following degrees or their equivalent: BA, BSc, or MBA
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. IBTCI, a US based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over eighty-five countries and has implemented over one hundred and fifty projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in practice areas of Monitoring & Evaluation, Accountancy and Financial Management Procurement Services Banking and Finance and Private Sector Development.
To apply: Please send your current curriculum vitae, three professional references for interpretation work,(use the button)“Mozambique - Interpreter/ Research Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.