We are Millar Cameron, a specialist recruitment consultancy specialising in the sub-Saharan agricultural industry.
One of our clients, a major multinational Agriprocessing processing company, has recently had an opportunity come up for a Finance Director to join their team based in Tete, Mozambique.
This is an opportunity to work within one of the industries’ largest companies in a highly competitive environment.
As the new Finance Director you would be responsible the formulation and implementation of Company Financial Strategy and the direction and co-ordination of the activities of the finance department.
As the Finance Director you would be responsible for all financial matters, including but not limited to:
• Lead and manage the formulation of annual budgets and targets in accordance with business strategy.
• Analyse and report on business performance accurately and timeously.
• Optimize capital structure and working capital in accordance with set targets
• Actively review and minimize financial risks.
• Overall control of all financial transactions and accounting matters including review of systems.
• Preparation of quarterly forecasts and monitoring progress.
• Close involvement in commercial negotiations with customers and suppliers.
• Capital expenditure - evaluation and preparation of submissions.
• Conduct financial due diligence on any projects.
• Management and development of subordinates.
• Cash flow management
• Manage and monitor all foreign exchange transactions.
• Adherence to the fiduciary duties as a Director
• Meet all statutory reporting requirements.
• Tax planning
• Manage IT environment
The successful Finance Director would have the following essential skills:
• Financial accounting
• Management accounting
• Internal control
• Analytical Skills
• Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley
• A registered chartered accountant
The following skills would be desirable, but not essential:
• Knowledge of FCPA
• Systems and ERP experience – Microsoft Dynamics AX
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strategic decision making
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Contract law experience
• Commercial experience
• Management of a large finance team
Our client is in the position to offer a very generous remuneration package, in terms of both salary and additional package.