1. Plan, design, organize and supervise the development of mines, mine facilities and systems.
2. Explore, evaluate and implement best practices on matters relevant to the mining operations to achieve maximum production at minimum cost.
3. Facilitate preparation of mine plan and mine design of the reserves.
4. Set overall growth direction & ensure adherence to the same.
5. Ensure operating cost and efficiency parameters are within target.
6. Ensure coordination between production & dispatch and HEMM availability.
7. Supervise preparation and submission of quarterly and yearly statutory reports to appropriate agencies.
8. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws relating to HSE and supplement it with organizations own safety and Environment programs and industry best practices.
9. Monitor legal compliance under respective country law.
10. Ensure implementation of Environment management plan in the mines.
11. Ensure maintenance of records and registers as per statutory requirements and its timely submission.
12. Design and develop operations manuals, protocols, systems, processes, training for team members, process manuals, tool kits etc.
13. Cost controls….
B. Minimum qualifications and experience:
1. A Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering.
2. Minimum 10 years exp. in Operations
3. Experience of leading teams in new mining sites to achieve production efficiency.
4. Experience in liaising, managing, influencing and negotiating with government authorities, vendors, contractors.
5. Expertise in project operations.
6. Portuguese/English speaking with excellent communications skills (both written and verbally).